Thursday, June 30, 2011

Stress and the Drama

I believe that everyone has some stress and drama in their life. I have had a knack for causing some stress and have had the pleasure of having stress in my life. It comes from mistakes and misunderstandings. It is interesting to be that so many times that we let people into our lives with the hope that they will make it better, only to find heartache and disappointment, why?  Which brings me to this quote by Samuel Johnson said "The road to hell is paved with good intentions," We have our expectations to high or believe that we know so much about the subject that we can fix it. I would believe that works maybe 1% of the time. I think if we come to a situation with the mindset of was I asked to help, or was I asked to listen? We would have better relationships, with others, ourselves, our God.

So with a recent situation, I had a choice. 1. Find a nice bowl of Gluten Free pasta or Ice Cream. 2. Go Swimming 3. Cry and Question why this is happening      4. Try to explain my point of view and making it worse. 5. Go to bed early, pray to be understood, pray for the strength to forgive, and pray for the strength to be forgiven. Some of these choices would be huge mistakes concerning my weight loss journey.

The difference now compared to a few weeks ago, is what I did!
  1. I started by crying, Once an emotional girl ALWAYS an Emotional girl
  2. I did try to explain myself and YES I made it worse. Eventually I will have the talents to speak my mind without offending. I pray the say comes soon.
  3. I went swimming. I was nice to get in the 10 laps. I wish 20 but this was a start.
  4. I went to sleep before Midnight!! I have prayed to be understood and Forgiven. I am working hard on trying to Forgive the person who made this situation. It is something that I will have to deal with in my own time.
  5. BEST of All I didn’t eat my problem away

I am glad that I made positive choices in how I handled the stress. Now do I believe that my life will now be stress free, Not at all. But I believe that this was the 1st test that allowed me to find a better way to handle it. I am still a work in progress. Thank goodness. I believe that someday I will be a beautiful masterpiece, but that takes a lot of work. This is just part of the work.

I know my drama is small compared to the burdens others are suffering with. Heck this drama isn’t even the biggest issue in my life right now. But I must say the most painful. I believe that is because there is a direct correlation between pain and the amount of care in a situation. I must learn from this experience and use it as a stepping stone to make me a better person; a more compassionate person, a more caring person, a less judgmental person, and most of all a more genuine person. In the end the only one we answer to is ourselves. If we don’t like what we see, we must change it.

Forgive yourself for your faults and your mistakes and move on.” ~ Les Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment