Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mantente en la via correcta!

Mantente en la via correcta means Stay on Track! That is easier said than done, but it is possible. In life there are so many things that can throw us off “track”. Sick Kids, Spouse or Ex-Spouse, job, death of a friend or family member, or just the TV. The ability to stay focused takes work and devotion to the goal. I am a hit or miss person. But the fight within myself to go after those goals that I want whatever they may be.

So I weighed in at the gym on Friday night, down another 2 pounds, not good but not up. So there is a lot of work that still needs to be done. The one thing that I did was run/walk 4 miles. For most people that is a 30 minute run. In my whole life it has NEVER been a 30 minute run. The best time ever was 5 miles in 60 minutes; I would love to be back at that speed or faster. But it is not 1985 and I am not 16 years old!  But on Friday, I had a personal best time. 4 mile 72 minutes, it felt good to let out the anger, pain, and sweat on the treadmill. There is something about listening to music and being on the treadmill that makes me feel good. I can think about life, my kids, my friends, my goals, and my God. Sometimes it a good thought other times it is full of anger and regrets. Things that I haven’t accomplished, goals I haven’t reached, people I have offended or who have offended me. But after a while I remember that I always have the ability to start again. It is how we handle life is how we are remembered. I have noticed that since my dad had his stroke. I have thought about mortality and what I would want my kids to know about their grandparents, their parents, their Aunts and Uncles. The best legacy that we can leave future generations is that they know us as people mistakes and all. And that they know how much we love them.

So am I a person who answers the call and makes the world a better place by letting the people around me that I care about them? Do my kids know how proud of them I am? Do I tell people how I feel about them? Do I try to smile at a stranger?

Life is full of cross roads, It is our choice to chose the path that leads to our happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment