Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"I know Its Hard to Love Me but Couldn’t You Please Just Try Anyway."

Being able to workout this Holiday Weekend was AWESOME!! Thank you so much Jen, for running on the treadmill next to me at the gym!! I was able to swim most of the weekend and As of Saturday was down to 288 pounds! That is 12 pounds total since I have started. More importantly it is 38 pound to go towards the 1st 50 pounds that need to be lost. The new plan is to walk at least 1 hour a day. Ideally it will be 3 hours a day. 1 hour before work and 2 after work. I did restart the food journal. The reason that thing works so well is that if I have to write it down then it makes it harder to put it in your mouth. I believe everyone wants to believe that they are doing the right thing all the time. Having to write down that you are making a bad choice well that just stops you. (I hope)

I heard this saying this weekend. "I know Its Hard to Love Me but Couldn’t You Please Just Try Anyway." It made me think how many of us are willing to take the time, effort, patience, & care. To love the one that is hard to love. Why are we afraid to love the one who looks different, acts different, or believes differently? Unconditional Love is the only thing that can make this world a better place.

So what would that have to do with weight loss? I believe the one person I have the hardest time to love is myself. I know my faults. I don’t trust that at all times I will make the right choices. I know that I will say something to offend or hurt someone else without trying. I know someone will offend me and I will take it personally when I really should brush it off. That is when I start to look for ways to feel better, i.e – Eat bad food choices. Not exercising, or not writing in the food journal.

So I am looking for a methods to learn to love myself. I thought look for 5 positive qualities that I have a day. (It didn’t work. Besides my perfect teeth. I couldn’t find anything else that didn’t involve my kids.)

So I found this online: Stew Smith’s Downloadable Workout Series
The 45 Day Beginner Program
Daily Affirmations:
I am Strong
I am Fit
I am Determined
I will Succeed

So knowing that the wedding is 59 days away (Yes, Camerat, I do have a countdown as well) I am going to say these things everyday for the next 45 days.

This weight loss needs to be permanent. The only way that this will happen is if I change everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment